Is it worth the time?
If you are wondering whether the required investment is worth the time and money review what the chaos is costing you:
- The Wall Street Journal reported, “The average U.S.
executive wastes 6 weeks per year searching for missing
information in messy desks and files.” That’s one hour per day
- Americans waste 9 million hours per day searching for
misplaced items. The American Demographics Society
- Cleaning professions say that getting rid of excess clutter
would eliminate 40% of the housework in your home
- New York State Association of Realtors said: First
impressions such as decluttering closets is the smartest way to
speed up the sale of a home and will get you a higher price
- "Crisis" purchases related to disorganization costs as much
as 20% of your annual budget,
For example: buying duplicates of misplaced or broken items, last minute shopping at premium prices, and unnecessary interest charges and finance charges on late payments.
- The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the
belief in a thing makes it happen ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
- "Information is a source of learning. But unless it is
organized, processed, and available to the right people in a
format for decision making, it is a burden, not a benefit."
- According to a study conducted by a Boston marketing firm,
the average Americans burns 55 minutes a day - roughly 12 weeks
a year - looking for things they know they own but can't find