NAPO Code of Ethics
Clients: Working Relationships
- I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and
objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- I will offer services in those areas in which I am
qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in
both verbal and written communications.
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for
services, I will make every effort to recommend the services of
other qualified organizers and/or other qualified professionals.
- I will advertise my services in an honest manner and will
represent the organizing profession accurately.
- I will keep confidential all client information, both
business and personal, including that which may be revealed by
- I will use proprietary client information only with the
- I will keep client information confidential and not use it
to benefitmyself or my firm, or reveal this information to
- I will decide independently and communicate to my client in
advance my fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses
which I deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with my
experience, the services I deliver and the responsibility I
- I will make recommendations for products and services with
my client’sbest interest in mind.
- I will seek and maintain an equitable, honorable and
cooperative association with other NAPO members and will treat
them with respect and courtesy.
- I will respect the intellectual property rights (materials,
titles, and thematic creations) of my colleagues, and other
firms and individuals, and will not use proprietary information
or methodologies without permission.
- I will act and speak on a high professional level so as not
to bring discredit to the organizing profession.